SPECIAL TO CES LAS VEGAS — (January 4, 2017) — Vivint Smart Home, the smart home services provider in North America, today announced it has teamed up with Airbnb, a community marketplace that provides access to millions of unique accommodations and experiences in more than 34,000 cities and 191 countries, to provide the most comprehensive smart home solution for Airbnb hosts and guests in the U.S. and Canada. As the preferred smart home provider for Airbnb, Vivint allows Airbnb hosts to manage their homes remotely with automatic keyless access, energy management and home security.
Hosts simply link their Airbnb account with their Vivint app to remotely manage their listings. A Vivint smart home streamlines both the host and guest experience in a number of ways:
• Automatic keyless access. Vivint makes check-in a seamless and secure experience for both Airbnb hosts and guests. Shortly after booking, guests automatically receive an email with a unique entry PIN that allows them to unlock the door at the time of arrival – hosts don’t have to manually send a PIN and guests don’t have to download a separate app to get one. Vivint automatically activates the PIN at check-in and deactivates it at checkout, eliminating the hassle of a key exchange.
• Welcome and verify guests personally, from anywhere. Airbnb hosts can greet and verify guests remotely using the Vivint Doorbell Camera. The doorbell camera’s live video feed and two-way talk feature make it easy for hosts to personally welcome guests upon arrival without having to be there in person. Guests can also contact their host at any time by pressing the doorbell.
• Save energy in between stays. During their stay, guests can maintain their comfort by adjusting either the Vivint Element thermostat or a Nest Learning Thermostat. The Vivint Element thermostat works with smart devices throughout the home to accurately determine when guests check out and will automatically adjust the temperature to conserve energy while the house is empty.
• Home security and 24/7 monitoring. Airbnb hosts can keep their home safe and secure with a smart door lock, door and window sensors, and motion detectors. Hosts can enjoy peace of mind with 24/7 professional monitoring and customer care from Vivint.
• Professional installation. Vivint provides professional installation with its nationwide team of Smart Home Pros, eliminating the need for hosts to figure out how to connect, integrate and secure their smart home devices. Smart Home Pros can also install other products for hosts such as a garage door controller, flood sensor or smoke detector.
“We are delighted to partner with Airbnb to offer our comprehensive smart home services to all hosts in North America,” said Alex Dunn, president of Vivint Smart Home. “Giving Airbnb hosts the convenience and security of a smart home helps them provide the best guest experience possible.”
“The Airbnb platform makes sharing your home simple and convenient,” said Lex Bayer, head of business development at Airbnb. “The Vivint smart home technology makes checking in guests hassle free, while at the same time providing hosts with more tools to save energy and provide peace of mind while hosting.”
Current Vivint customers can connect their system to their Airbnb account in the “Works with Vivint” section of the Vivint Smart Home app. To learn more about hosting with a Vivint smart home, visit www.vivint.com/airbnb.
About Vivint Smart Home Vivint Smart Home is the leading provider of smart home services in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24-7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than one million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. For more information, visit www.vivint.com.
About Airbnb Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong when they travel by being connected to local cultures and having unique travel experiences. Its community marketplace provides access to millions of unique accommodations from apartments and villas to castles and treehouses in more than 34,000 cities and 191 countries.
With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests, while Places lets people discover the hidden gems of a city as recommended by the people that live there. Airbnb is people powered and the easiest way to earn a little extra income from extra space in a home or from sharing passions, interests and cities.