Updated: Jan 24, 2012
The following are the official Digital Marketing Guidelines of VIVINT INC. These guidelines apply to both VIVINT CHANNEL PARTNERS and Marketing Affiliates. Marketing CHANNEL PARTNERs are defined as VIVINT's Authorized CHANNEL PARTNERS (including their agencies and marketing affiliates). VIVINT Marketing Affiliates are defined as Lead Generation Publishers/Aggregators. Both Authorized CHANNEL PARTNERs and Marketing Affiliates will be known in the remainder of this document as "CHANNEL PARTNER." The purposes of the following guidelines are:
- To protect the VIVINT INC. Trademark name in digital and print advertising.
- To establish guidelines for ad copy, design, trademark usage, keyword usage, etc. for Marketing Affiliates in all digital marketing channels.
- To establish a cooperative and productive digital environment between VIVINT's digital marketing efforts and the digital marketing efforts of it's CHANNEL PARTNERS.
Design and logo guidelines
The governing principle to be used when building landing pages, microsites, ads, and other digital media is that prospects/customers should know with absolute clarity that they are purchasing from the CHANNEL PARTNER and not directly from Vivint. This means that creative execution should not be VIVINT branded, but rather CHANNEL PARTNER branded. It is acceptable to use Vivint information as noted in the guidelines below, but it should be clear to the customer from whom they are purchasing.
Design guidelines are established to clearly distinguish online ads by VIVINT Corporate from ads by its CHANNEL PARTNERS. These guidelines are in place to ensure the integrity of the VIVINT brand and the quality of service associated with the VIVINT brand that customers expect.
These guidelines are applicable to display ads, landing pages, microsites, and any other digital asset leveraged for digital and print.
- All creative assets must be derived from templates provided by VIVINT and must be approved through the approval process noted in this document.
- Any deviation from the templates provided (for email, landing pages, print, and display) must be approved by VIVINT before they are used in production.
Ad copy guidelines are established to clearly distinguish online ads by VIVINT Corporate from ads by CHANNEL PARTNERS.
When creating ad copy for any online marketing campaign, including but not limited to paid search, CHANNEL PARTNERS must adhere to the following policy:
- A copy guidelines document will be provided in the CHANNEL PARTNER training website.
- The VIVINT brand keywords cannot be used in search ad titles or ad descriptions unless used in complete CHANNEL PARTNER context as vivint.CHANNEL PARTNER," "vivint.authorized CHANNEL PARTNER," or "vivint authorized CHANNEL PARTNER"
- The ad copy must not include the word "official" or in any way insinuate the ad is coming from VIVINT Corporate.
- The visible URL must not contain "VIVINT" or any VIVINT branded product name, unless the domain is owned by VIVINT and has been authorized for use of the CHANNEL PARTNER by VIVINT.
- If the word "free" is used in the paid search ad description, then the same ad description must also include a qualifier. (i.e. "free installation" or "with purchase of services" to qualify to the customer what is free and what is required to obtain that offer.
All Social Media activities, including but not limited to, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, SlideShare, Flickr, etc. are not acceptable promotional mediums for any CHANNEL PARTNER. It is however acceptable to embed Vivint's corporate social media into your digital marketing activities (i.e., Youtube/Vimeo videos, flickr images, etc.). If there are Vivint assets you have seen that are not available within our Channels, you may request that they be added through the same approval/submission process noted in this document.
While Vivint will not regularly have promotions offering a discount, when discounts are offered by Vivint directly, these promotions are not available to activations made through CHANNEL PARTNERS, unless authorized by Vivint management.
It is acceptable for the CHANNEL PARTNER to build and host landing pages to drive online media and collect lead information. Landing pages, micro-sites, and similar properties will be bound to the same branding, ad copy, and design guidelines in this document. Use of VIVINT approved templates is required, unless specifically authorized.
VIVINT brand keywords are defined here as any keyword or keyword phrase that contains any VIVINT trademark or variant thereof (e.g., VIVINT INC., VIVINT Alarm, VIVINT Security, VIVINT Home Automation, VIVINT Reviews, etc.).
All VIVINT CHANNEL PARTNERS must adhere to the following search engine advertising bid guidelines:
- A CHANNEL PARTNER,excluding VIVINT affiliates and the CHANNEL PARTNER's affiliates, may bid on all VIVINT brand keywords in any search engine. Should VIVINT be bidding on the same keyword, the CHANNEL PARTNER bid may not exceed the bid of VIVINT, and/or actively compete against VIVINT for keyword rankings on these terms.
- General terms such as "home security," "home automation," "burglar alarm," or any other word or phrase that does not include "VIVINT" are also allowed and are exempt from the bidding restrictions outlined above. VIVINT encourages CHANNEL PARTNERS to bid on these non-brand keywords and does not restrict the prices at which they can bid.
- CHANNEL PARTNERS must adhere to the ad copy, landing page, website, and reporting guidelines stated below.
- CHANNEL PARTNERS are encouraged to optimize their landing pages and micro-sites for SEO. There is no restriction on ranking and competing with VIVINT Corporate on SEO other then the domain name registration restrictions.
- CHANNEL PARTNERS must not bid on competitor trademark terms.
CHANNEL PARTNERS may not own any domain containing the trademark VIVINT. Domains containing the trademark VIVINT may be purchased on behalf of the CHANNEL PARTNER by VIVINT and routed to the CHANNEL PARTNER webservers if necessary. Upon termination of the agreement, VIVINT will provide a temporary 301 redirect of the domain, after which VIVINT will retain all IP related to the domain.
Lead purchasing guidelines
Non-affiliated lead generation publishers or aggregators with whom VIVINT has no contractual relationship may be acting in violation of the foregoing bid and/or ad copy guidelines. No VIVINT CHANNEL PARTNER shall purchase leads from or pay fees to any lead generation publisher or aggregator that violates any of the foregoing guidelines.
All purchased leads are subject to review by VIVINT of opt-in/opt-out policy upon the acquisition of those leads. This ensures that both VIVINT and the CHANNEL PARTNER are legally allowed to contact the individual by all mediums (phone, mail, email) and that opt out privileges are honored.
VIVINT encourages CHANNEL PARTNERS to engage in email advertising for both its own database and with third-party list rentals of its choosing as long as it doesn't violate any of the restrictions set forth in this document.
All email templates and copy must adhere to the ad copy and design guidelines. All email not leveraged as part of the VIVINT CHANNEL PARTNER Toolset*, must be approved by VIVINT.
VIVINT encourages CHANNEL PARTNERS to engage in display advertising with publishers of its choosing as long as it doesn't violate any of the restrictions set forth in this document.
All advertisements must adhere to the ad copy and design guidelines. All display ads not leveraged as part of the VIVINT CHANNEL PARTNER Toolset, must be approved by VIVINT.
VIVINT encourages CHANNEL PARTNERS to engage in print advertising with publications of its choosing as long as it doesn't violate any of the restrictions set forth in this document.
All advertisements must adhere to the ad copy and design guidelines. All print ads not leveraged as part of the VIVINT CHANNEL PARTNER Toolset must be approved by VIVINT.
Advertising is prohibited on sites or to lists that are affiliated directly or indirectly with content related to adult content, gambling, torrent, warez, or any other illegal activity.
All required approvals for creative as noted above should be submitted via email to hmero [at] vivint.com. Please plan ahead since it may require up to five business days to approve the submission.
* CHANNEL PARTNER Toolset is not yet available. Availability of toolset has not been determined. Toolset will include templates, banners, email, and other tools to enable CHANNEL PARTNER marketing efforts. All creative in the interim should go through the submission process.