SPECIAL TO CES — LAS VEGAS (January 5, 2016) – Vivint Smart Home, a leading provider of smart home technology, today announced the Vivint Ping™ camera, the first two-way talk camera with one-touch callout. The company will showcase the new product at CES 2016 in the Vivint Smart Home booth 71342 at the Sands Expo.
Vivint Ping is the first indoor camera that enables true two-way talk with the ability to both call in and call out so families can easily connect and communicate. By pressing a button on the camera, anyone in the home can reach any user connected to the home. When remote users receive a notification on their smartphone or tablet, they can see the person in the room and begin a two-way conversation.
“Great innovation sometimes comes from observing unexpected behavior in your own customer base,” said Matt Eyring, chief strategy and innovation officer at Vivint Smart Home. “Our research showed that younger children, specifically those without cell phones, were ringing our doorbell camera to talk to their parents. With Vivint Ping, we’ve created an indoor camera that makes these quick check-ins simple.”
Vivint Ping is designed for quick and spontaneous communication. For example, a child could ping a parent to ask for help in finding soccer cleats before practice, or an elderly parent could simply press a button to talk to a family member or caregiver.
Key features of the Vivint Ping camera include:
• One-touch callout: While other cameras allow you to call in to a room in your home, the Vivint Ping camera also allows anyone in the home to call out. The camera has multiple microphones with advanced echo cancellation that allow for clear, two-way conversations from any mobile device.
• Customized notifications: Personalized notifications to your mobile device will alert you when the camera detects a person in the room. You can customize notifications for specific events, such as when your child comes home from school.
• Vivint Smart Clips: The cloud-based Vivint Smart Clips service gives you on-demand access to 20-second recorded clips of your home. You can save 45 days worth of recorded footage at no charge.
• Video analytics: Advanced video analytics ensure that you only get relevant footage. For example, the camera will record when a person is in the room, but not when light in the room changes.
• 140-degree HD view: Vivint Ping gives you a sweeping view of the entire room in crisp 1080p video from your smartphone. With infrared LEDs, you can see clearly day or night.
• Smart home integration: Integrated with the Vivint Sky smart home platform, Vivint Ping also functions as a security camera and will begin capturing video if an intruder triggers an alarm. The alarm will also alert the 24/7 Vivint monitoring center to respond within seconds.
Vivint will also showcase its new thermostat at CES. The Vivint Element™ thermostat provides a new level of intelligence for temperature control and energy savings by integrating with all the door, window and motion sensors in a Vivint Smart Home. With this integration, Vivint Element can determine when you are home, away, asleep or on vacation and then optimize the temperature to make sure you are both comfortable and conserving energy.
The Vivint Smart Home booth at CES will also feature the Vivint Glance™ display, a tabletop or wall-mounted secondary display that complements the Vivint SkyControl panel, which is the hub of your smart home. Vivint Glance gives you control of your entire home from an additional display.
The Vivint Ping camera, Vivint Element thermostat and Vivint Glance display will be available as part of the Vivint Smart Home product suite in the second quarter of 2016. To see these products at CES, visit the Vivint Smart Home booth 71342 at the Sands Expo.
To see the Vivint Ping camera in action, visit http://vvnt.co/PingCamera.
About Vivint Smart Home
Vivint Smart Home is a leading provider of smart home technology. Vivint delivers services through a cloud-based platform that integrates a wide range of wireless features and components to provide simple, affordable home security, energy management and home automation. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than one million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. For more information, visit www.vivint.com.