- Vivint Employees Donate $250,000 to Six U.S. and Canadian Non-Profit Organizations
- Awardees Selected Via Facebook Voting
PROVO, Utah—Vivint, one of the largest home automation companies in North America, today announced that the company’s Vivint Gives Back Project, which donated $250,000 to six U.S. and Canadian non-profit organizations, is a finalist for “Best Community Outreach Program” in Security Sales & Integration’s 2011 SAMMY Awards.
The Vivint Gives Back Project awarded the $250,000 to the six organizations that received the most votes.
The Utah Prader-Willi Syndrome Association, which combats a lifelong genetic brain disorder, received the highest number of votes overall and was awarded the $100,000 grand prize. Vivint gave additional donations of $30,000 each to five other regional non-profits, including:
- Prader-Willi California Foundation. A non profit who’s mission is to provide families and professionals with a network of support, resources and information, to promote awareness of the syndrome.
- Heart 2 Home, a 100 percent non-profit group headquartered in Utah with no paid staff that organizes and executes home improvement and renovations for families in need.
- The Tapestries of Life, a mercy ministry in El Paso, Texas that provides aid to the poor in Mexico and is currently constructing an orphanage in Guadalupe, Mexico.
- CHERUBS (The Association of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Research, Awareness, and Support), a non-profit agency headquartered in North Carolina that provides support for the condition known as CDH, which occurs when the diaphragm of a baby fails to fully form, thus preventing growth of the lungs.
- Alberta Association for Community Living (Canada), which offers children and adults with developmental disabilities access to education, work opportunities and basic necessities.
The SAMMY (Sales and Marketing) Awards, now in its 16th year, was created to “recognize and honor installing security dealers and integrators for their marketing, business, installation and overall excellence.”
The SAMMY Award for Best Community Outreach Program, which honors security industry businesses for finding creative and effective ways to develop result-rich volunteer activities that address community needs and challenges, cites vision and philosophy as requisite qualifications for consideration.
“This recognition by Security Sales & Integration is a tribute to the extraordinary generosity of Vivint’s employees and their commitment to fulfilling our company’s goals of protecting families and making communities better,” said Josh Houser, president of Vivint Gives Back, the charitable division of the company. “I am inspired on a daily basis by our employees, who selflessly devote their time, money and energy to improving lives while restoring hope for those in need in the communities we serve throughout North America.”
Security Sales & Integration will announce the 2011 SAMMY Award winners April 5, 2011, the evening before its annual ISC West conference, at 4:30 p.m. in the Casanova Conference Room at the Venetian Resort Hotel Casino in Las Vegas.
About Vivint Gives Back
The Vivint Gives Back program was created to focus the efforts of the employees and owners of Vivint on banding together to alleviate hardship and restore hope for people in need. Through this program, Vivint employees have the opportunity to contribute time and resources to service projects ranging from clean-up efforts in the aftermath of Hurricane Ike to providing meals at the Ronald McDonald House and adopting a local elementary school where our employees mentor and tutor students at risk in a long term relationship.