place card straws
Thanksgiving is just a few days away, and even though I’m not hosting dinner this year, I still find that I’m spending lots of time crafting up fall inspired items for our home. I always love to create special details for our house and particularly for dinner parties. I find that the small investment of my time always makes for a even more memorable meal with friends and family. Since we’re traveling this Thanksgiving, I thought I would create something fun that I could take with me to share.
Growing up my mom always welcomed friends, neighbors, coworkers, and family into our home for holiday meals. This always resulted in enjoyable conversation and delicious dinners. Since this Thanksgiving will be no different, I thought I would create fun place cards. They will not only help everyone find their seats, but they will also help guests learn each other’s names. Unlike a traditional place card that you may find a wedding, I think these are more fun (and unexpected) because they are attached to cute striped straws. Here are the details and template to make your own place cards straws. Here’s to happy fall crafting and happy new friend making!
- Download the place card template
- Colored 8.5” x 11” card stock (1 sheet per 6 place cards)
- Straws (I used striped paper straws)
- Pen, marker, or alphabet stamps (for writing guests names)
- Hot glue gun (if you’re using paper straws) or double-sided tape (if you’re using plastic straws)
- Download the template and print the page on colored card stock. Use your scissors to cut out each leaf shape.
- Use a pen, marker, or alphabet stamps to write or stamp each guest’s name on the left and right sides of one of the leaf shapes.
- If you’re using paper straws, use a hot glue gun to apply glue to the back side of a leaf and in the narrow center part. Quickly wrap it around the top third of a straw aligning the edges of the leaf. If you’re using plastic straws, place double-sided tape on the back side of the leaf and wrap it around the top third of a straw. Repeats these steps for each straw topper.