How can we help you?
Save money and energy by scheduling your thermostat or remotely changing the temperature with any smartphone or Internet connection.
- Changing the batteries
- Locking the thermostat
- Setting a swing temperature
- Turning chirp on or off
- Setting a filter replacement reminder
- Understanding simple and normal modes
- Turning on auxiliary heat in a system with a heat pump
- Calibrating thermostat temperature
- Setting the differential
- Changing from Fahrenheit to Celsius
- Changing from cool to heat
Before changing the batteries, change your thermostat to the off mode. To do this, press the Mode button on the side of your thermostat once.
Once the thermostat is in the off mode, proceed to change the batteries.
Remove bottom cover.
The thermostat comes in three sections: a top panel, a middle panel that includes the display, and the bottom section. To remove the bottom section, pull one side straight back toward you. You will hear a slight popping sound. This is normal. Once you have pulled one side free, you can pop the other side out and remove the section cover. Make sure that both sides have come free before pulling the cover away.
The thermostat takes three double-A batteries (3 AA). Once the cover is removed, you will see two batteries; the third, "hidden" battery sits behind.
Remove the batteries. To remove the hidden battery, pull on the white ribbon (in some models) or remove it by pulling up on one end.
When putting in the new batteries, the positive side of the hidden battery should face the right. The positive end of the two upper batteries should point to the left. Once the new batteries are correctly installed, the thermostat display should return.
Carefully replace the bottom section cover; each side should snap into place.
Press Mode three times to return to your previous settings.
The Vivint Smart Thermostat brings together everything you need to create an energy-intelligent home. It integrates with your touchscreen panel, so you can raise and lower the temperature whether you're at home or away. You can also program it seven days in advance, with different settings for each day of the week.
- Go!Control system compatible
- Seven-day programming, including 5-1-1
- LCD touch screen, including easy-to-read LED backlit display
- Dual-thermostat support
- Z-Wave supported
- Simplified installation
- Go!Control system compatible: Integrates with your Vivint security system, allowing you to raise or lower the temperature while you're home or away
- Seven-day programming: Easily configures different thermostat setting for each day of the week—online, from your smart phone, or directly on the thermostat consul
- LCD touch screen: Displays room temperature and set point temperature in an easy-to-read format
- Dual thermostat support: Supports up to two thermostats, both of which you can update separately online
You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers
- How do I find a manual for my system?
- Are your call centers accredited?
- How do I get a permit?
- When I get notified that my alarm has been triggered, how do I find out if it was an actual emergency or a false alarm?
- Can I move my equipment myself?
- Where are your monitoring stations located?
- Do you monitor 24x7x365?
- How far away can I be from my home and still have remote control access of my system?
- Which features of my system can I control remotely?
Like the Smart Thermostat?
Check out some of our other features
Always be in control. Remotely manage your system from your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
Save an average of $24 each month on your utilities with Vivint's energy management components.