How can we help you?
Based on the latest in infrared technology, our motion detector features a 90 degree lookdown, ensuring intruders cannot pass by unnoticed.
Locate the motion detector and remove the holding screw from the bottom of the motion detector and lift up to remove it from the wall plate.
This device requires one battery (CR123A or equivalent batteries). Note: These batteries may be found in the electronic section of most local department stores.
Slide the motion up into the plate and swing the lower half of the motion down so it sits in place.
Ensure that there are no gaps between the motion and wall plate, and it is securely placed. Then reinsert the holding screw.
Based on the latest in infrared technology, the Vivint motion detector comes with three different mounting brackets and a 90 degree lookdown, ensuring intruders cannot pass by unnoticed. It also communicates directly with the Vivint touchscreen panel, so if the detector is triggered, the panel will connect you to the central monitoring station immediately.
Dimensions and weight
- Width: 2.5"
- Height: 3.2"
- Depth: 1.9"
- Weight (including battery and brackets): 3.7 oz. (104.9 g)
- FCC ID: WDQ-PIR1345
- Industry Canada ID: 7794A-PIR1345
- ETL, FCC Part 15, Industry Canada
- 90° lookdown
- 110° wide-angle spread
- Three different mounting brackets
- 30'x50' range
- 3355 lb. pet immune
- Five-year lithium battery
- 90° lookdown: Ensure that no one can walk beneath your sensor undetected
- Tamperproof: Know when someone is trying to tamper with your alarm
- Fully monitored: Get connected to the Vivint central monitoring station in as few as 17 seconds
- Wireless signal range
- 350 ft., open air, with 2GIG Wireless Alarm Control Panel
- Transmitter Frequency
- 345.000 MHz (crystal controlled)
- Transmitter Frequency Tolerance
- ± 15 kHz
- Transmitter Bandwidth
- 24 kHz
- Modulation Type
- Amplitude Shift KeyingOn/Off Keying (ASK-OOK)
- Peak Field Strength
- Typical 50,000 uV/m at 3m
- ABS plastic and poly-carbonate
- Operating temperature
- 32° to 120°F (0° to 49°C)
- Relative Humidity
- 5-95% Non-Condensing
- Unique ID Codes
- Over one (1) million different code combinations
- Supervisory Interval
- 70 minutes
Included equipment and accessories
- Battery (installed)
- Two (2) Panasonic CR2032, or equivalent Lithium batteries
- Included Accessories
- Mounting brackets, two (2) long Phillip's head screws, two (2) plastic wall anchors, magnet
You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers
When I get notified that my alarm has been triggered, how do I find out if it was an actual emergency or a false alarm?
You will need to contact your local police department. However, if the triggered alarm signifies an actual emergency, in most cases the authorities will notify the central monitoring station, which will then contact you.
Why did I get charged a false alarm fee?
Some cities do charge a fee for sending dispatch for a false alarm. If you feel there has been a mistake, you can contact customer support and they will be happy to discuss it with you.
Where are your monitoring stations located?
We have two monitoring stations: one in St. Paul, Minnesota, and one in Provo, Utah. Additionally, all of our customer support representatives are located in the United States. We do not contract with off-shore providers.
Do you monitor 24x7x365?
Yes. We have monitoring staff available at all times, including nights, holidays, and weekends. We also have customer support agents available 24x7x365.
What’s a secondary passcode?
You can create secondary verbal passcodes for family members, relatives, or house sitters. Secondary passcodes can validate a secondary user of your system and also turn off a false alarm. You can add or drop secondary codes at any time, but only the primary passcode can make changes to your account.
Why do I need a verbal passcode?
In case of an emergency, we need to be able to validate that we are talking to you over the Vivint Live voice. That is why we require a verbal passcode. This passcode can also be used to turn off a false alarm. We encourage you to choose a passcode that is personal and easy for you to remember.
How quickly does Vivint respond in an emergency?
We respond to most emergency calls in fewer than 10 seconds.
Like the Motion Detector?
Check out some of our other features
Ensure that all areas of our home are protected with the latest infrared technology.